Monday 26 October 2015

Classroom Environments

Classroom Environments! Teachers spend hours and days on end trying to put together the perfect classroom that will support rich learning experiences, speak to a variety of learning styles and represent their style!

Personally, I can't get ANYTHING done planning wise until I've set up the perfect classroom environment. This year, I worked hard to design a classroom environment that supports mental wellness. No unnecessary clutter on the shelves and no commercial "poster pals" on the walls!  My colour themes are slick but calm. I was also mindful to not use too many bright colours that competed for a child's attention.

My classroom incorporates lots of pillows and comfortable seating spots for children to learn and work. I've also purchased some positive quote frames to help support mental wellness and build positivity and self-confidence. "Living Room Chic" is the environment that works for us in Room 17.

Furthermore, all the grade 4/5 teams are doing a Hollywood theme this year! I've incorporated some "Hollywood" aspects into my classroom without going Hollywood "cheesy."






No comments:

Post a Comment